Crostata with Orange Custard and Chocolate "Grill"
Custard - Ingredients:
- 3 egg yokes
- 60 gr sugar
- 20 gr flour
- 200 ml milk
- Juice for 2 oranges
- 50 gr. dark chocolate
1) Pour the yokes and sugar into a saucepan and beat until they form a smooth mousse.
2) Add the orange juice to the egg yokes and then add the flour.
3) Heat the milk a little and pour it into the mixture.
4) Put the pan on the low heat.
5) Stir the mixture until it thickens. Take the custard off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
Short crust pastry - Ingredients:
- 200gr flour
- 100 gr butter (melted)
- 100 gr sugar
- 1 egg yoke
- 1 whole egg
- 5 gr. vanilla
- 1 baking powder bag (approx 16gr)
1) Pour the flour, sugar, vanilla and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then form a “small hill” with a crater in the middle (like a volcano).
2) Pour the egg, the egg yoke and the butter and knead until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed in.
3) Evenly roll out the dough and then roll it up in greaseproof paper and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
4) Place the rolled out dough onto a greased baking tray and pour in the cooled custard mixture and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
5) Allow to cool down to room temperature.
6) Melt the dark chocolate in a double saucepan (bain-marie) and then pour it into a sac-a-poche and design a “grill” on the custard cake. Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes then serve.