Ravioli con caprino - Fresh Home-made Ravioli filled with goats' cheese and served with a light courgette and pork cheek sauce
For the ravioli:
- 175 grams of fresh goats’ cheese
- ½ kg of potatoes
- 200 grams of sieved flour
- 2 egg yolks
For the sauce:
- 2 medium sized courgettes
- 150 gr of finely sliced pork cheek
- Pinch of grounded black pepper
- 5 eggs
1. Wash and boil the potatoes in their jackets, skin them and mash them until you get to a smooth consistency (no lumps)!
2. Once the potatoes are cold, add the flour, the egg yolk and mix until you achieve a dry dough.
3. Roll the pasta out to approx. ½ cm and make little discs of roughly 5-6 cm of diameter. You can use a large tea cup or mug.
4. With a tea spoon, place a small amount of goat cheese in the middle and fold them in half to create a half moon shape.
5. Using the fork to seal the edges.
6. Cook in unsalted simmering water for few minutes or until they float and drain them.
7. Julienne the courgettes and slowly heat some olive oil in a pan, add the finely sliced pork cheek and courgettes.
8. As soon as the cheek starts to colour lightly, add some warm water and wait until the courgettes are cooked, add the ravioli and sauté.
Add a pinch of black grounded pepper if you wish and serve immediately.