Pollo alla cacciatora con peperonata - Hunter Style Chicken with pan cooked peppers
- 1 medium size freerange (km 00) chicken
- 4-5 gloves of garlic
- 4 -5 sage leaves
- Half a glass of white wine
- 300g of cooked finely sliced tomatoes (passata)
- 4 – 5 bell peppers
- Salt & pepper to season
1. Prepare and cut the chicken into 8 even pieces and place into a pan with a little olive oil, garlic and sage leaves.
2. Cook over heat and once browned add the white wine.
3. Let the wine reduce and add the passata with 2 glasses of water.
4. Bring to the boil and then simmer until most of the liquid has reduced.
5. In the meantime, cut the peppers into large pieces and place in a large frying pan with chopped garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
6. Cook over a medium heat for approximately 20 to 25 mins until the peppers are soft.
7. Serve together.