Panzanella - Tuscan bread salad
Serves 6 - Prep time: 40 mins
* 450g Classic Tuscan sliced Pagnotta loaf, or similar
* 1 onion, diced
* 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
* 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
* 3 tbsp fresh basil
* 4 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Break the bread into a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for approx 30 mins.
2. After 30 mins, squeeze the bread, removing excess water, and break into the serving bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients and season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Mix together and check the seasoning before serving.