Porchetta - Porchetta
Serves 6 people preparation and cooking time: 2 h ½
- 3 kg of pork belly
- 2 ears
- 2 trotters
- 250 gr liver
- ½ kg salt
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 250 gr of pepper
- 200 gr wild fennel seeds
1. Lay the meat on a board and cover it with salt, pepper and fennel.
2. Wash pork ears and trotters properly.
3. Toast them over a flame and scratch them with a knife to remove all the hair.
4. Boil them for about 1 h with salt, garlic and 50 gr of wild fennel seeds.
5. Slice the liver (1-2 cm) and put it in the boiling water for couple of seconds.
6. Bone the trotters and cut to pieces together with the ears.
7. Dress it with olive oil, wild fennel, pepper, salt and place it in the pork belly
8. Roll it and tie it tightly.
9. Put in the oven at about 200°, placing the meat in the grill and a tray with some water underneath so that the meat doesn't get too dry.
10. Turn it when needed and cook it for about 2 h until the crust is brown and crispy.