Gnocchi di patate con sugo di cervo - Potatoes Gnocchi with deer saucs
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 kg of flour
1. In their skins (unpeeled) boil the potatoes in salted water until cooked.
2. Remove the skins, mash them with a fork or specific utensil until you get a light and fluffy "dough" (no lumps) and leave to one side to cool.
3. Once cooled add the flour and knead until you obtain a good consistency. The dough should be moist but not sticky! On a lightly floured top divide the "dough" into several smaller pieces and gently roll each piece into a long sausage roughly the thickness of your thumb.
4. Use a knife to cut into pieces about ½ inch in length and dust with a bit more flour.
5. Cook in salted simmering water for 2/3 minutes or until they float to the surface. Serve immediately with the deer sauce.
- 250 gr of minced deer meat
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 medium celery stick
- 1 medium carrot
- 500 gr peeled and chopped tomatoes (passata)
- 1 glass of white wine
- 8 table spoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Peel and finely cut the celery, carrots and onion and cook in the olive oil for approx 8-10 minutes making sure they don't stick or burn.
2. Add the meat and continue to cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add the white wine and simmer until the wine has evaporated.
Add the passata and simmer for approximately 1 hour.