The most important aspects of this mouth-watering dish are the quality of the ingredients, if you are missing one ingredient you are quite literally without hope...!
- 1.400/1.600 gr beefsteak fiorentina (ideally chianina, or ask your local butcher for t-bone steak)
- 1 cup of Tuscan olive oil
- Green peppercorns (sieved)
- Fresh rosemary
1) Over a hot heat, preferably hot coals (bar-b-que), seal the meat for 3/4 minutes on both sides to trap in the juices and set to one side to cool (set) for 10 minutes.
2) In the meantime, slowly bring to a simmer the olive oil, green pepper corns and fresh rosemary.
3) Slice the meat evenly (3 mm) and arrange on a serving dish.
4) When the green peppercorns start to turn brown and the rosemary starts to get a little "crispy" pour over the meat and serve immediately.