Sformatino di Pomodori - Tomato Puddings with Pecorino Sauce
Ingredients for 8 portions of puddings:
- 500 gr of ripe fresh organic tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 3 onions
- 1 medium sized peeled potato (approximately 200gr)
- ½ peeled carrot
- 4 tablespoons of double cream
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (Vagli's obviously!)
- 3 organic eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
1 Grease 8 small porcelain or stainless steel dishes.
2 Roughly cut the tomatoes and put them into a saucepan with the chopped carrot, onion, parsley and potato then season with salt and pepper.
3 Slowly reduce until the liquid has virtually all evaporated, then add the eggs, double cream and mix together with a hand blender and pour the mixture into the dishes.
4 Cook slowly in a double saucepan (bain-marie) for 45 minutes.
- 150 gr of Pecorino cheese
- ¼ of a lt of water
- 2 thick slices of bread (trim off the crusts)
1 Pour the water into a saucepan with the bread and bring to a simmer.
2 Add the grated pecorino cheese.
3 When the cheese melts whisk the mixture with a hand blender.
Once the mini puddings have cooled down, turn them out onto a serving dish and pour over the pecorino sauce.