Zuppa povera del contadino - Tuscan Farmhouse bean soup
- 100gr of boiled Barley
- 10 peeled and boiled Chestnuts
- 100gr of boiled Broad beans
- 60gr of toasted hazelnuts
- 60gr of cubed pancetta
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lt of vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the barley, chestnuts and broad beans.
2. Bring the vegetable stock to boil.
3. Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces.
4. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
5. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and pancetta, cook until slightly brown.
6. Add the bay leaves and salt and pepper.
7. Pour the hot stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
8. Remove from heat and add the chopped hazelnuts.
9. Stir and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Add some raw olive oil and serve.