Ingredients x 4 people:
- 150g pearl barley
- 2 pork chops
- 80g of cured ham (one piece)
- 2 potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bunch of basil
- 60g of butter
- extra virgin olive oil
1) Rinse the barley in a colander and then boil in salted water for about 40 minutes.
2) Cut the ham into cubes.
3) Wash and peel the potatoes, zucchini and carrots and cut them into cubes.
4) In a frying pan cook the chopped onion and 1 clove garlic in 6 tablespoons of olive oil and half of the butter.
5) Mix the cured ham and vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
6) Then cover with water, add a little salt, and simmer for about 30 minutes.
7) Drain the barley and add simmered vegetables.
8) Chop the basil, parsley and the remaining garlic and sprinkle over the soup with a few slices of butter.